After Dalgona coffee and banana bread, try recipes from Singapore's social set
(Photo: Charu Shah)
Article on: CNA Luxury https://cnaluxury.channelnewsasia.com/experiences/recipes-from-singapore-society-12735224
“This is one of our favourites because Kevin and I created this recipe together and it is a firm favourite with our dinner guests. Almost always, our friends will request that we prepare this when they join us for dinner at our home,” said Drs Iroshini and Kevin Chua, co-founders of Dr Kevin Chua Medical & Aesthetics, which is currently partnering the Singapore government as a Public Health Preparedness Clinic (PHPC) and is providing essential medical services.
500g Russet Potatoes
600ml thick double cream
2 tbsp white truffle oil
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional: chili-infused olive oil for extra bite)
- Set the sous-vide machine to 62 degrees Celsius and cook the eggs for 60 minutes on constant heat.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes for 30 minutes on medium heat, then peel and mash.
- Blend the creamed mix with an electric mixer until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add the truffle oil and olive oil, then blend together. Season to taste
- Scoop about 4-5 tbsp of the potato mixture into a martini glass
- Take out eggs from the sous-vide machine and break open whilst still warm on top of the potato mixture.
- Serve immediately.